Skip to content
- In what way has your expectation of yourself been unrealistic? When you do not live up to your own expectations, how do you feel about yourself? How do you treat yourself?
- Do you hold yourself to a higher standard than you hold others? If so, what has led you to believe that you need to perform so much better than the average person?
- Do your actions indicate that you are seeking to earn God’s forgiveness? What has happened in your life to lead you to believe that God will not accept you just as you are?
- Can you, in this moment, believe that God’s forgiveness is a free gift? If so, are you willing to accept that forgiveness for every way you have fallen short of your own expectations?
- Based on God’s free forgiveness for you, are you willing to forgive yourself? If you are not willing to forgive yourself, why not?